Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Hi Nico,
At 08:26 PM 28-07-2020, Nico Williams wrote:
[I'm not seeing enough context there to understand what you're referring
to, and I'm not going to read that thread just to see it.  Can you
summarize what's going on here.  I do understand about recall petitions,
but that entire subject is rather inside baseball compared to this
thread.  In particular I'm not seeing what forgiveness has to do with
Pete's post that you linked to.]

I came across the following well before this thread was started: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2013-12-30/2013-offensive-cliche-winner-is-skin-in-the-game- It was argued that the phrase, which is found in the message I referenced, is an euphemism for "callous". That is at odds with "empathic".

Note I'm not saying that we must assume good faith always.  At some
point one's patience with people who argue in bad faith runs out.

Yes. [1]

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. Sometimes it is better to keep things simple; hence the short response.