Re: Kudos to MeetEcho

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 4:43 AM Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The point being that these bespoke tools have a cost, not just in units of
> dollars, but also in choice, reliability, etc.  We should think hard about
> what is so essential in our DNA that it merits all the costs.

And base decisions and engineering on real data, instead of guesswork.

I have no special insight in what is happening, but I would make two points:

1. A number of people are experiencing authorization failures (as Richard reports)
2. For some reason, Meetecho seems to be re-contacting the datatracker every time the user joins a new session rather than remembering that the user is authenticated. This seems like it potentially exacerbates (1),

-Ekr