Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Joel M. Halpern wrote:

Ohta-san, please stop.
From where I sit, we are only discussing I-Ds and RFCs here.  Not works of literature.

As I wrote:

: If you think "black" and "white" are improperly used in the
: Lord of the Rings, feel free to modify it or ban it from US
: market along with all the current and *future* fantasies
: and FRPGs doing so.
:
: Only after that, we can start working on less important
: fields of technical terms such as "blacklist".

if literature, in general, is free to use black/dark with
negative meaning, there is no reason to ban use of
black/dark only for technical terms.

That is, you should stop and wait.

Same for "slave".

I expect even US people (not all of them, I hope) will soon
recognize they are pursuing something impossible and
meaningless.

						Masataka Ohta