Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

Ohta-san, please stop.
From where I sit, we are only discussing I-Ds and RFCs here. Not works of literature. And we are only discussing future I-Ds and RFCs. The question of whether works of literature should /could/would/shouldn't/couldn't be rewritten is not relevant.

Yours,
Joel

On 7/27/2020 12:53 PM, Masataka Ohta wrote:
Eliot Lear wrote:

but the right response is
research results that demonstrate that the language needs to be
change,

destroying Thriller, the Lord of the Rings and all the fantasies
and FRPGs in the future?

That's impossible.

Instead, you should accept that "black" is somewhat evil/bad
though it does not imply black skin or cloths are evil/bad.

For example, though rather a fantasy than reality, Ninja is
famous to have worn black cloths. So what?

                         Masataka Ohta