Re: USA dominion: Re: IESG Statement On Oppressive or Exclusionary Language

I absolutely don't see it that way.  I use it all the time and use it really in the following context based on this definition:
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/folks

(used with a plural verbpeople as the carriers of culture, especially as representing the composite of social mores, customs, forms of behavior, etc., in a society

with IETF being the society.   So, I actually consider it a more inclusive term than "people".  I actually use the latter often in a much more negative context.

Some of this is probably also regional within the US.

Mary.