Re: IETF Slack workspace

Hi Ross,

As usual with cloud services, there's a Privacy Policy.  On the page you mention, if you click the "Privacy and Terms" link, it's right there.

https://slack.com/privacy-policy

--Richard

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 1:16 PM Ross Finlayson <finlayson@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Jul 25, 2020, at 3:54 AM, Richard Barnes <rlb@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Last-minute reminder before the IETF: If you're interested in HotRFC or trying out a different, Slack-based experience for hallway conversations alongside the virtual IETF, you can use this link to make an account:
>
> https://join.slack.com/t/ietf/shared_invite/zt-frvduilu-k9UfPr3sAelv_XPptqJ4wQ

The very first thing that this web site does is ask for an email address.

What assurances do we have about what ’Slack, inc.’ will (or will not) do with these email addresses?

(Yet another caution about using 3rd parties when conducting IETF-related work…)