Re: IETF Slack workspace

On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 05:15:20AM +1200, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> The very first thing that this web site does is ask for an email address.
>
> What assurances do we have about what ???Slack, inc.??? will (or will not) do with these email addresses?

The answer is "none whatsoever" since they can change their policies
at will.  (I'm not singling them out: all kinds of operations have already
done this, so much so that it's common/expected practice.)

I strong advise avoiding them entirely.  Mailing lists are a vastly
superior tool for collaboration -- and their archives are one of the
most stable, usable, searchable long-term solutions we have.

---rsk