Re: Appeal from Tim McSweeney regarding draft-mcsweeney-drop-scheme

On 2020-07-16, at 18:46, Adrian Farrel <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I make no comment on the content of the thread, but I think you need to look at https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/uri-review/Zm_spdzPvzlf7uXMdLKQ4xMSXlU/

I can quickly summarize what I read in that thread:

- a proposal was made for a registration in the URI scheme registry
— over the course of the thread, several people explained why that was not technically a proposal for a URI scheme, and pointed to relevant RFCs (this would be the part that I’d call consensus); some made other comments as well
— the thread degenerated into a mode that is best described by the German phrase “Ich esse meine Suppe nicht” [1].

Grüße, Carsten

[1]: https://de.wikisource.org/wiki/Der_Struwwelpeter/Die_Geschichte_vom_Suppen-Kaspar