Re: remote camera protocols?

https://www.onvif.org/

E.g.:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tilt-Joystick-Controller-Monitor-Cameras/dp/B07N8FVMQV

Having embedded PTZ controllers available for a protocol is
IMHO a good indication of market penetration of the protocol.
Most people wouldn't use such a dedicated PTC controller but one
out of 1000 PC software based surveillance control software
options from vendors, and/or open source.

ONVIF is an interesting stew of IETF, Microsoft and W3 protocols,
i only worked with the discovery part (UPnP, WS-Discoevery/SSDP),
so no idea about the PTZ part, but if you look at the companies
in ONVIF you will see most, if not all of the big commercial
players. Penetration into low-end home surveillance cameras may
differ. I have not looked into this for years now.

There is also PSIA, but i can't remember anything interesting about it.

Remote theater/event should have more dedicated tooling beyond the
generic remote video surveillance infra. For example, when i first
installed stuff for remote teleteaching  in the 90th, we gave professors
red baseball caps, because thats all the PTZ cameras back then could track
automatically. Nowadays you would have a lot more tracking of individuals
on-stage to automatically derive atmos sound source 3D vectors AND
 camera tracking for example. But no idea about what good beginners
toolchains are.

Not sure if SMPTE actually got IP based PTZ into any of their specs.

Dr Google can certainly help more.

Cheers
    Toerles

--