Re: remote camera protocols?

Right.  To elaborate a bit more:

IP/UDP/RTP as transport for far-end camera control
ITU-T Rec. H.323 Annex Q as the RTP payload format.
RFC 4573 as the media type specification when using SIP or other SDP-based signaling
Inside H.323 Annex Q, ITU-T Rec. H.224 for the framing, and in those frames H.281 for the far end camera control syntax.

This combination has been used in set-top-box, roll-about, and older H.323 and SIP based desktop video conferencing systems for the past 20 years or so.  It works.  There are a number of PTZ cameras out there that respond to the H.281 syntax, received over a serial link or its USB emulation.  I'm unaware of deployment in the current mostly closed systems (Zoom etc.), but note that at least some of those can drive PTZ cameras.

Stephan