Re: remote camera protocols?

There is one in RFC 4573.

Regards

Gunnar

Den 2020-07-05 kl. 04:28, skrev John Scudder:
If I were looking for such things I’d probably start with SMPTE, not IETF.

Either way, best of luck.

--John

On Jul 3, 2020, at 2:02 PM, Michael Thomas <mike@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

I have a friend who is a theater person, who as everybody knows has been
completely shut down. I remarked to him that it's probably time to start
thinking about streaming plays. His counter is that it's expensive which
I'm guessing is mainly in the production costs much more than the
equipment. What occurs to me is that you don't *really* need camera
people on site, or at least it's very plausible that they could do this
remotely which would cut down quite a bit of the cost.

So the obvious question is whether there are existing standards for
remote operation of cameras, sound equipment, lighting, etc? Is this
something we've done?

Mike