Re: List of volunteers for the 2020-2021 NomCom

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 08:57:17PM -0400, Joel Halpern wrote:
> Toerless, you do understand that not only was the affiliation rule arrived
> at by rough consensus, but as I recall it was added during the process at
> the request of the community?

Of course.

> If you really think it is wrong, write a clear proposal of what you think a
> better rule looks like.  And then try to get some indication the the
> community agrees with you.

I did say what i wanted to say. Including that it is way too early in what i
think is the predominant thinking in the community to move this argument further.
I am disappointed by this, but i do not need to run any further against windmills
that showing that there is at last no 100% agreement with the rules.

> But please do not suggest that the current nomcom chair should apply some
> other rules.

I did not do this in my emails so far, and i do not intend to do this.
I have some question about what constitutes a subsidiary wrt. to specific
candidate Nomcom members, but i sent that specifically to the nomcom chair.

Cheers
    Toerless

--
---