Re: List of volunteers for the 2020-2021 NomCom

In article <20200629215721.GC34130@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
>Sure, but but if some part of the IETF community comes
>from an industry which for better or worse is structured into
>fewer large companies than other parts of the community then it
>puts this part of the community at a disadvantage.

I think you've just shown why we need this rule. No sane person
actively wants to tbe on the nomcom. It's a lot of work, it keeps you
away from the sessions in at least one full meeting (assuming we ever
meet again.) People do it anyway for the benefit of the IETF. The
normal reaction to learning that you are less likely to be selected
because there's a lot of your co-workers on the list is great, that
means it's likely I'll have to do it.

The point of the selection rules is to get nomcoms that can work
effectively without undue external influence, not to be something you
can check off on your next bigcorp annual review.

R's,
John