Re: [Ietf108planning] Registration open for IETF 108

> On 11 Jun 2020, at 10:34, Jay Daley <jay@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Tim
>
>> On 11/06/2020, at 9:03 PM, Tim Chown <tjc.ietf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I can see both points of view, but it would help to understand the rationale for the fee if there were some data published - and maybe I missed it - on the administrative cost of running a wholly online IETF meeting.  And whether that fee is covering purely those, or a share of the year on year administrative costs for the IETF.
>
> Answers in this blog post
>
> 	https://www.ietf.org/blog/ietf108-registration-fees/

Thanks Jay, but the blog doesn’t break out the actual online meeting costs from the spreading of "some operational costs” into the meeting costs.

Clearly things need to change, but it’s hard to understand the finances and rationales for fees without transparent data on IETF operational costs, income (largely from ISOC, I assume), and the (actual) meeting costs.

Tim