Re: [Ietf108planning] Registration open for IETF 108

So, then you could have two categories of registration.  And, I'm guessing the work to get additional $s for sponsorship for fee waivers from a company is equally as onerous as getting your donation reimbursed.   My point was that some of us that self fund would be willing to pay something.  So, maybe when you check the fee waiver box, you can still select to make a donation?

Mary.

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 2:56 PM STARK, BARBARA H <bs7652@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I had mentioned in a previous email the notion that rather than a fixed fee that one
> could register and make a donation in lieu of a fee.   Following along this proposed
> model maybe the registration is setup such that there is a recommended donation
> to participate in the meeting, that gives folks flexibility.  I know other non-profits
> that run their conferences that way.

The problem that I (and probably many other participants) would have with this approach is that we can't expense donations. Donations have to be approved at very high levels or by other parts of an organization. The process for getting donations approved can be lengthy and complicated, and is often difficult to figure out. Expensing registration fees is easy.
Barbara