Re: Specific Questions about Registration details for IETF 108

On 05/06/2020 21:40, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
> I agree that we (the IETF as whole) must not take over the IAOC's
> micromanagement role. But what we've really been exploring here is
> mainly a matter of principle: paying for remote attendance.
> Obviously, the details are the LLC's province, but I think the matter
> of principle is a valid community concern.
I very strongly agree.

For example, were paying to attend a WG conference call aka
virtual-interim a requirement, I would likely dial down my
involvement in the IETF. I doubt I'd be alone. Thankfully,
that has not been part of the IETF108 discussion but there
are real policy matters to discuss that are not in the
competence of the LLC or LLC board. Hopefully that'll be
discussed in the putative SHMO WG which is the right way
to handle it.

S.