Re: Specific Questions about Registration details for IETF 108

Andrew,

> (More generally, and not in reference to Bob's message in particular, I'm a little surprised at the degree to which the community wants to manage the LLC on this topic, given the oft-expressed concern during the IASA reform work that the community tended to try to involve itself in details that were really properly a staff question.)

I agree that we (the IETF as whole) must not take over the IAOC's micromanagement role. But what we've really been exploring here is mainly a matter of principle: paying for remote attendance. Obviously, the details are the LLC's province, but I think the matter of principle is a valid community concern.

    Brian