Re: Rebooked venues selected for IETF 112, IETF 117, and IETF 120 meetings

> On 4/06/2020, at 4:30 PM, John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> As a worst-case
> example, suppose that Thailand imposes a similar rule for
> November but hotels are open and meetings are welcome.

We now have an assessment framework [1] that was consulted on [2] and then used [3] to decide [4] on moving IETF 108 online.  That specifically includes quarantine and self-isolation as "showstoppers".

While developed specifically for IETF 108 it was designed with possible future decisions in mind.  All it needs is a short consultation to adjust it from our experience and up to date knowledge.

Jay

[1]  https://www.ietf.org/how/meetings/108/assessment-framework-person-vs-online-ietf-108-meeting/
[2]  https://www.ietf.org/blog/assessment-criteria-decision-personvirtual-ietf-108/
[3]  https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/IETF_108_Madrid_go_no-go_assessment.pdf