Re: Registration details for IETF 108

Hi Jordi,
At 12:13 PM 01-06-2020, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
Exactly. As I mention in my previous email, this is not really about "this" meeting, it is about next meetings (in person and online, with and without Covid19), it is about how to cover *all* our expenses.

It is unfair that people that contributes more, pay traveling expenses and attendance fees, and may have similar problems to cover all that cost as people that is participating remotely, which only will need to pay for a registration fee.

How we compensate all the people that have attended meetings for tens of years? In my own case my first meeting was summer 2001, and I never missed one, so I've contributed with about 34.000 USD (just in attendance fees!). For an individual or an SME, this is not the same as for a participant that works for a medium or big size organization, that is covering all the expenses for him/her.

Revenue from IETF attendees is less than 50% of the IETF revenue. I was a bit surprised by the numbers as I made some assumptions based on past IETF discussions. I don't have an answer to your question.

So, this is a discussion about IETF budged in general. It is about what the PIR/.org was

The above is the controversial topic which was avoided over the past six months.

Getting back to the topic, it usually turns into big/small organizations and individuals. One of these days someone may come up with an acceptable solution. There were two (more) interesting messages within the discussion, one from Ole and the other from you.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy