Re: Registration details for IETF 108

Hi,

Speaking with my Internet Society hat on.

On Mon, Jun 01, 2020 at 09:13:31PM +0200, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

It is about what the PIR/.org was created for (cover IETF costs), and if this is sufficient to fund *all the IETF* costs

The Internet Society is a proud and eager supporter of the IETF, and we are committed to continuing that for as long as the IETF wants it to happen. This year, the support is to the tune of $5M, and we are in the process of working with the LLC management to see what it should be in the future (as was envisioned in the LLC agreement). I nevertheless do not believe that PIR or .ORG was created to "cover" IETF costs (especially, all the IETF costs). If you have some evidence to show that it _was_ created for that, I would be interested to see it.
Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
President & CEO, Internet Society
sullivan@xxxxxxxx