Re: Registration details for IETF 108

---- Original Message -----
From: S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 01/06/2020 10:39:11

Hi Brian, Stephen,
At 09:36 PM 31-05-2020, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>On the substance (and partly in response to SM) I know that participants
>have had to cover IETF meeting costs since 1992, and presumably longer,
>so I don't find this shocking. But for the longer term, we do need to
>think about how this interacts with the goal of "any interested person
>can participate in the work, know what is being decided, and make his
>or her voice heard" [RFC3935].

Thanks for the above.  I would not describe the decision as
"shocking" as it would be an exaggeration.  In my opinion, there are
difficult questions ahead.  The text which you quoted is one example.

<tp> I took part in the questionnaire and was surprised at the number of questions about fees but then took it for granted that a fee would be charged; I still feel that any interested party can take part, join the mailing lists, submit I-Ds and so on.  Unless and until meetings have primacy over list decisions - and some WG Chair can act as if this was not the case:-( - then I see no change.  Tom Petch

---
New Outlook Express and Windows Live Mail replacement - get it here:
https://www.oeclassic.com/

Regards,
S. Moonesamy