Re: Registration details for IETF 108

On 01-Jun-20 11:57, Stephen Farrell wrote:

> On 31/05/2020 23:33, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> What troubles me is the lack of a debate in the community before this
>> was announced with about a week's notice.
>
> +1
>
> The lack of any community debate is very disappointing.
> It doesn't matter if this is not intended as a precedent,
> it will set a precedent.

I wanted to add two things.

1. There's no complaint about the IETF LLC as far as I'm concerned.
They're doing their job.

2. The announcement message about IETF 108 being on-line:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/kzC7M48oKrAwdh9uyOvseeKFW3A
IMO really should have pre-announced and justified the intention
to apply a fee, and that the decision is for one meeting only, so
that we can have a community debate about long-term policy on this.

    Brian