Re: Registration details for IETF 108

Hi Brian, Stephen,
At 09:36 PM 31-05-2020, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
On the substance (and partly in response to SM) I know that participants
have had to cover IETF meeting costs since 1992, and presumably longer,
so I don't find this shocking. But for the longer term, we do need to
think about how this interacts with the goal of "any interested person
can participate in the work, know what is being decided, and make his
or her voice heard" [RFC3935].

Thanks for the above. I would not describe the decision as "shocking" as it would be an exaggeration. In my opinion, there are difficult questions ahead. The text which you quoted is one example.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy