Re: Extended: Consultation on IETF LLC Draft Strategic Plan 2020

On 13/05/2020, at 11:37 PM, Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hiya,

Where I suggested starting over, you said:

On 13/05/2020 05:54, Jay Daley wrote:
Until such time as it becomes clear that there is strong support for
that view I will treat your comments as individual issues.
That's fair.

That said, I'm unclear whether the result of processing all
those issues in the way I'd best like could result in
something with which I'd be ok. However, with 30 open
issues, I reckon that probably amounts to a bit of a re-
write anyway, so hopefully that'll be the next stage here.
IOW, I really hope the plan is to work those issues, do a
fairly big edit and then ask the community again. Is it?

Yes

Jay

(If the plan were to simply resolve/close the github issues
without more community review/discussion and then declare
victory I'd be objecting to that.)

I do also want to react to one bit of your mail though:

and
does not 'lead' the IETF comminity."

Unnecessary.

Strongly disagree. The LLC will handle the money. I think
it is entirely necessary to constantly document our goal
that despite holding the purse-strings, the LLC does not
call the shots, as that is an extremely peculiar setup.
We need to call that out for readers who might not know
it, and also keep reminding ourselves too.

Cheers,
S.
<0x5AB2FAF17B172BEA.asc>

--