Re: LLC Board Meeting Details - 14 May 2020

> Il 08/05/2020 21:37 John Levine <johnl@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>
> In article <CABcZeBO_6vwxn3XTJfJvHGifx-boyKQ2KxVAS2-x-i5NFKpd9w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> you write:
> >First, I think you are wrong on the merits. I do not believe that support
> >for IPv6 (nor DNSSEC, nor TLS 1.3) should be a primary criterion for
> >selecting tools. It may make us sad that these technologies are not being
> >adopted at a faster rate but I don't think that inconveniencing ourselves
> >in order to make a statement is the right answer.
>
> I happen to agree with this sentiment but I really wish we could give
> this endless argument a rest.
>
> It's come up over and over for at least a decade, we have never come close
> to resolving it, and we're not going to do it right now.

Putting together the last few messages in this thread, a logical conclusion would be that to solve this argument permanently you need an RFC that says that the IETF is not going to do this.

--

Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx