Re: SM's questions about IETF mailing lists

On Sun, May 3, 2020, at 10:04, S Moonesamy wrote:
I would say that the two quoted paragraphs summarizes the
problem.  It was easier for me to get to the Last Call messages
previously as I could key in on the subject line.  I made some
changes after the mailing list split to get back that functionality.

This matches my experience, an I expect most people's experience.  It is a natural side effect of changing to a new mailing list that each recipient need do something at their end in order to easily process those emails.

In my case I created a new folder called Lists/last-call and created a new rule to filter email with the List-Id header 'last-call.ietf.org' into that folder.  Since I am subscribed to multiple dozens of mailing lists, this is a very normal operation to me and was not at all confusing.

My impression of IETF participants is that many of them have a similar level of comfort with their email handling processes.

Cheers,

Bron.
--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd