Re: SM's questions about IETF mailing lists

Hi Barry,
At 07:16 AM 01-05-2020, Barry Leiba wrote:
Hi, SM, and thanks for your follow-up.  I'm splitting your question to
a separate thread to avoid distractions in the thread for direct
feedback on the experiment.

Ok.

I'm sorry that I missed your question before, and I'll give you my
opinion on it now -- I haven't discussed this with other ADs, so it's
just my own thoughts here.

That's ok with me.

In any case, the point is not the number of last call posts, but the
separation of last call discussion from the other discussion on the
main IETF list, which often swamps the last calls and makes them
harder for some to find.

[snip]

2. Depending upon what email client you use and how it presents the
messages (I use the gmail web client and see this effect) a message
posted to <ietf-announce> and replied to by someone in the community
(with the reply going to <ietf>) will appear in the client to be on
both lists.

I would say that the two quoted paragraphs summarizes the problem. It was easier for me to get to the Last Call messages previously as I could key in on the subject line. I made some changes after the mailing list split to get back that functionality.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy