Re: News about the Internet Society and PIR.

In article <fdaf1e5a-88e0-19b2-8c1c-748612fe5c7b@xxxxxx>,
Leif Johansson  <leifj@xxxxxx> wrote:
>Thats why I don't think it was a good idea to arrange a funding
>stream that is divorced from the core values of the Internet.

I would be very sad if the core values of the Internet were merely
selling second level domain names.

Some of us still provide geographic names to our communities for free.

R's,
John

PS: If anyone needs a watkins-glen.ny.us name, you know where to ask.

--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl@xxxxxxxxx, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",