RE: Protecting Copyright.

Hi Khaled,
At 09:07 AM 30-04-2020, Khaled Omar wrote:
No discussion, no comments, only criticism, actually I use the ietf as a scientific journal, to publish my ideas, and they even don't grant protection to the copyright in their journal J

In my opinion, the IETF RFCs are not the equivalent of a scientific journal. If I have some exclusive legal right on, for example, a book, it is up to me to see how to protect those rights. I don't view it as workable for an IETF entity to evaluate who should be acknowledged in a RFC as it entails tracking all the persons contributing to the work.

I assume that the meaning of word "criticism" is: the act of expressing disapproval about an Internet-Draft. It takes some effort to write a review. The intent of that effort is (for me) to give my opinion about what I read. There may be a defect in some part of the Internet-Draft. That does not mean that I disapprove of the Internet-Draft; a defect can be fixed.

I don't know your level of expertise. It is likely better than mine as the topic(s) which you write about is not the one I usually work on. However, I do have some experience in catching the usual mistakes in an Internet-Draft as other persons on this mailing list have pointed them out to me. It can be difficult at first. After a while, it is, in my opinion, useful experience.

One of the things I learned over the years is that there are people on this mailing list will give credit where credit is due. It can be a token of appreciation and/or it can be for attribution.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy