Re: Protecting Copyright.

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 6:45 PM Khaled Omar <eng.khaled.omar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This not what I meant, I mean that my drafts didn't get space inside the corresponding wg, I tried to contact the area directors and chairs but almost nothing received, drafts are only submitted to the ietf, and if they will be presented at any meeting, that would be the maximum thing happened.

That is how IETF operates ... it is extremely hard regardless if you have brilliant idea or not to get through IETF standards process if you do not have big vendors behind you willing to implement it and back it up along the process. Especially in the networking space.

IETF will not fight for you - neither chairs nor ADs.

And as far as others using your idea - that normal - even without any acks. I have had many cases where some ideas were used without any credit, but that is what you need to realize by publishing your document. IETF will not fight for protecting your rights. Quite frankly to progress the document in iETF it better be open for free implementation by anyone.

And normally you protect your rights to the idea by patenting it and disclosing such IPR as early in the process as possible.

Best,
R,.