Re: Musing on SIP and SPAM

On 4/25/20 11:24 AM, Keith Moore wrote:
On 4/25/20 11:26 AM, Michael Thomas wrote:

Do the unwashed masses use anything that supports inter-provider like xmpp or sip for texting? As far as I can tell that ship sailed ages ago with facebook, whatsapp and all of the rest.

I'm always amused when people insist that the future of the Internet will inherently be like the present.  So far, at least, it hasn't worked out that way.

In fact as I wrote in my blog post, this could easily change if governments force it to change  for their own reasons. Thus far it has not, and the rumblings are just rumblings. But the desire for concentration to build natural monopolies and the rent-seeking that enables is just as much now as it ever were.

Mike