Re: PKIs and trust

Right.  And to quote what Keith Moore said at the start of this thread:

> I'd put this a different way.  Until PKIs are able to represent the
> rich diversity of trust relationships that exist in the real world,
> they are mere curiosities with marginal practical value.

That's a true statement whether it's the PKI's fault or not.

The class of buildings known as 'a library' is, without books, a mere curiosity
as well.  It's not the library's fault that nobody is obtaining books to place
on its shelves.

Yes, we can probably make a PKI reflect a trust relationship, if we knew how
to do it.  Doesn't change the fact that until the PKI actually *does* it, it's
a curiosity.