Re: PKIs and trust

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:09:37 PST, Paul Hoffman / IMC said:

> All of that is describable, and many vendors have such products.
> There are no standards (or none that are significantly followed) for
> such assertions. So? Many different PKIs can handle such assertions,
> once you codify them.

I'm having a very hard time as reading this as anything except "Sure, the
PKI's out there could do it, if we only understood it well enough to come
up with a consistent way that would work for everybody.  And since the PKI
could deal with it if we knew what we wanted it to deal with, it's not a
problem for actual production use of a PKI now".

"Disingenious" would be charitable here....