Re: Non terminated traffic...

Obsession with security has broken a lot of things.

In ICMP there are defined responses for "Network Unreachable" and "Host
Unreachable". Of course, today those responses are blocked and ignored -
even pings don't make it across some ISPs - like Earthlink! I suspect
pings are blocked to prevent traceroutes and timing statistics to be
collected.

Niket Patwardhan