Re: Fw: Review of proposal: Education team

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

> > and just what was it that the ietf needed education about?
>
> At each IETF for as long as I've been going, we do a newcomer's
> orientation on Sunday afternoon.

Right.  Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

> I'm not sure when we started doing it, but we've been doing a security
> tutorial on Sunday afternoon for a good number of IETFs..

Just to make sure of maximum access to machines on the temporary
ops.ietf.org network;)  Make sure to use telnet and pop3 so cleartext
passwords are passed over the network, etc?  Sorry, I've spent too much
time reading BOFH archives.

> At each IETF for as long as I've been a working group chair, we do a
> new WG chair/BoF chair training session on Monday. In the past, this
> has been by-invitation-only, so you had to already be a WG chair or
> BoF chair to be present. We are opening this up to the community, so
> it's a little like parachute training that takes place _after_ you
> leave the plane.

Ahhh.  I remember that.  I think I might have helped originate that policy
in Atlanta last year when I accidentally attended that meeting after
spying "lunch" on the agenda.

> We've recently started doing topical workshops for working group
> chairs. Topics have included bringiing people up to speed on IPR
> clarifications and dealing with IPR in working groups.
>
> Does this help?

Sure does.  Thanks Spencer, and its nice to meet you.

Scott

> Spencer

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
world tour 2002-3