Re: Proposal to define a simple architecture to differentiate legitimate bulk email from Spam (UBE)

Iljitsch van Beijnum <iljitsch@muada.com> wrote:

> >> Fixable with authentication.
>
> > no.
>
> As each individual news article is piped through a relatively small
> number of servers in the "core" of the distribution system, it becomes
> relatively easy to blacklist known offenders. That is, if they are
> recognizable as such.

No way.  If this was indeed the case, it would already have been
handled by blacklisting known AS numbers / prefixes in the routing
system.  This is not the case.  See below.

>                       This is where the authentication comes in.

This is where layer eight and above comes in.  There are enough people
that profits from this that us low-lifes that want spam to stop just
don't count if you want to play by the rules.

I'm all for the kneecapping proposal by citizen V.K.

--Johnny