RE: A modest proposal - allow the ID repository to hold xml

The problem with nroff is that there is no RFC to reference that
specifies how a document is formatted with nroff.  There is wide
variation in the macro packages people use to create a document
with nroff.  Even the RFC editor doesn't try hard to get the nroff
source when editing; they make their own.

I'm also trying pretty hard to keep the word "modest" I used in the
title of this thread in mind.  I'd like to try one simple thing to
make I-Ds easier to read and use.

Brian