Re: FW: Virus alert

On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 05:25:19PM -0400, Dean Anderson wrote:

> The Virus writer obviously went to some trouble to pick valid addresses.
> It stands to reason that they expect that someone is getting mail to these
> addresses.  It also stands to reason that the abuser expects those persons
> to get Virus notifications.

I don't think so; isn't it more likely the writer wants the infection to
spread, and the best chance for that is that the recipient sees a From:
address that they recognise and "trust", rather than kerjregj@jsfjkh.com,
so they look at the content where they otherwise would be wary?

I don't see a problem with notifications where the virus is known not to
forge the sender.

Tim