Re: full list for moderated list (was: CLOSE ASRG NOW IT HASFAILED)

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 07:52, william@elan.net wrote:
> I think the original idea was better - to only have web archive of those
> posts that did not make it through to the main list...

The downside of this approach, though, is that one would lose the
context in which the discarded message was offered.  OTOH,..

>  If technically easily
> possible I'd also suggest marking on the main index if post was denied by
> moderator or denied by spam filter.

you'd want to differentiate between the two.

>  And having this archive for only past
> 3 months seems just fine for that purpose.

The spam, yes.  The other, I'm not so sure -- if someone's making a
charge of unfairness or whatnot, you need to keep that longer.