RE: myth of the great transition (was US Defense Department formally adopts IPv6)

Phill,

> Hallam-Baker, Phillip
> Simply repeating the end to end dogma is not going to provide
> a solution. The internet people are using is not end to end.
> NAT boxes and firewalls play an important and necessary
> security role. We need a standard for a superNAT box that
> provides both security and protocol bridging functions.

This is a politically courageous post but I'm afraid that the end-to-end
dogma _is_ the IETF. WRT IPv6, the pragmatic point of view of doing
something along the lines of what you proposed is that it will raise so
much opposition that it will go nowhere, so why bother in the first
place?

Michel.