Re: Certificate / CPS issues

Haren writes:

> There was a flaw in IE, although it has been fixed ...

Since it has been fixed, where's the problem?

> How can trust IE, it there is some very serious
> flaws like this one?

There are very serious flaws in just about all software; I have not
encountered any exceptions outside the very tiny world of rigorously
verified software, such as that traditionally used by NASA (not anymore),
and even that could still contain a bug.

Most commercial software today is riddled with bugs, because people won't
buy software that is bug-free, but they will buy software that is
feature-rich.  So that's what vendors provide.

> Also, have heard about Microsoft's Anti-Trust.

Antitrust refers to prevention of abuse of monopolistic dominance of a
market; it has nothing to do with trust in the sense of, say, PKI.  Overall,
Microsoft is much more trustworthy than average in this latter domain,
because it has to be--many eyes are watching, and any loss of reputation
could be catastrophic.