Re: discussion redirect

> I've setup a temporary mailing list to handle discussion of an
> alternate mail transfer system, which I expect will get replaced by a
> real list eventually, assuming that interest continues to progress. To
> subscribe to that list, send an email message to
> mt2-subscribe@ehsco.com
>
> I've also put together a basic outline proposal that shows what I'd
> like to see in such a service. http://www.ehsco.com/misc/mt2/ has that
> proposal(if it doesn't display right, you can download the original
> powerpoint slides from http://www.ehsco.com/misc/mt2/MT2-00.ppt). I
> know that Keith was scratching some ideas together for reusing SMTP
> and I'll post that if he wants.

I'm not going to join this list, because (a) it's almost certain to be
populated by naive crackpots, (b) we already have a perfectly good
public list to discuss solutions to the spam problem in ASRG, and (c)
I'm convinced that trying to solve the spam problem by re-inventing SMTP
is at best a useless distraction, and at worst a distraction that will
prevent real solutions from emerging.

Of course if the list distracts all of the crackpots, *that* might be
useful.