Re: Spam

> PV> once thinking that smtp would be the right answer for a global
> PV> population, or now thinking that smtp can be saved if we can just make
> PV> abuse expensive, is indicative of designers who think that the only
> PV> consumers are Just Like Them And Their Friends.  they were but aren't,
> PV> and they won't ever be again!
>

> Unfortunately, casting the issue in terms of saving or discarding SMTP
> is also unhelpful.

as is casting the issue in terms of "those who are stuck in old-fashioned
thinking" vs. those that aren't.

perhaps if Paul were to talk about the technical features that the system
needs to have, it would be obvious whether or not it's more feasible to
shoehorn this into SMTP or to transition to another system.   or at least,
we'd be able to evaluate his assertion.   but trying to discuss this in the
current mode is pointless.