Re: The utilitiy of IP is at stake here

> John,

If you are speaking only to John, why do you send your message to an entire
list?

> Since I don't think Dean "Troll" Anderson will do
> it, I would like to apologize, in the name of every
> honest and decent contributor to this list, for the
> insults made against someone that was so deeply
> involved in the development of SMTP and MIME, and
> whose contribution, reputation, and experience earned
> him the Internet Architecture Board's chair.

Your attempt to discredit someone else on the list is transparently obvious.
Why not just state your disagreement with him and leave it at that, instead
of embarking on a smear campaign?

> I feel so sorry to see how dishonest and undecent
> one can be with those who contributed to design and
> build the Internet and all related technologies
> and protocols.

See above.  A rather poor attempt to disguise defamation as nobility.

Perhaps you should simply speak for yourself, instead of presuming to speak
for others, particularly when the latter is really only a platform for
actions of questionable merit?