Re: spam

> Even if 1 in 12 people operated a business, they wouldn't be able to
> send an email to every person in the US on every day, certainly not
> on a 56K dialup, or residential service line.

Why do you think the bulk sends would happen over dialup?  There are
already plenty of spam-for-hire outfits who will happily spam for you.
I get spam advertising them nearly every day.

> The IRS reports that there were 5.7 million firms with employees.
> The vast majority are 1 employee owner/operator firms, with
> essentially residential internet service.

Even if you assume sole proprietorships won't spam, that's only a
reduction by a factor of four.  That only brings you down to 1840
messages/day/mailbox, which is still 100 times more than most people
would be willing to deal with.

						- Bill