Re: spam

Social problems are not that simple. They are not solved by confrontation.
Because there is no confrontation, there is no victory to be had.

But a confrontation (physical or legal) without regard to rights and
reason will only go badly for those who pursue it.  Some anti-spammers
might be happy to find a spammer in a back alley, and beat them.  But they
would find themselves up on assault charges. They would "lose".  Spammers
have rights, too.  Assuming they do not is a falacy. However, this was the
falacy that caused defeat in 1998, (as I predicted in 1997). People
assumed they could shout down anyone who disputed the costs of spam or who
suggested that they had to be reasonable with respect to spammers rights,
and so they used that as their "cause". The DMA could not be shouted down,
and were able to present their case, and debunk the anti-spammers. Who
"lost".

		--Dean