Re: spam

  *>
  *> Type 1: Bonafide Messaging with a real Commercial or non-profit(ie
  *> political) purpose.  This includes people selling contraband (eg drugs)
  *> illegally, so long as they intend to deliver the illegal goods.
  *>
  *>
  *>
  *>
  *> Of these types of spam, Type 1 and Type 2 can be dealt with by law, and
  *> through the actions of the FTC and other regulatory agencies.

So, what happens when the FTC, which is today very business-friendly,
decides to place no restriction at all on "real Commercial" spam?
Given the current politics in Washington, that seems like a likely
scenario.  Yet, this spam is the most hard-to-filter, and it may soon
become the dominant component of spam.  I for one don't want to see my
email box filled with junk as my postal mailbox is.

Bob Braden