Re: A simple question

Perhaps it would be easier without the PTR RR?

Then renumbering becomes a (possibly dynamic) update to the forward name.
Sounds pretty easy...

Regarding the second problem, Novell invented such a scheme many years
ago. It gave the host a separate network number and address from those of
the interfaces.  We approximate this scheme today in IPv4 using loopback
interfaces, frequently with /32 masks.  In this scheme, the interface
addresses are just part of the path to the host, but not actually the host
itself.

		--Dean