RE: site local addresses (was Re: Fw: Welcome to the InterNAT...)

> This is so typical of the modern IETF -- 102 people were persuaded
> by handwaving arguments that "something bad might happen" if a new
> and useful technique were deployed, and they are being allowed to
> overwhelm the 20 who were willing to dig in and find and solve any
> real problems.

Well Matt, this may happen in various groups, but the IPv6 WG has been
actively debating this issue since Atlanta. I object to the
characterization of the discussion as an exchange of handwaves.

> How many of your 22 speakers had implementation and deployment
> experience to report?

>From looking at the names, I would say at least 18.

I suggest that this discussion resumes on the IPv6 mail list after the
minutes are published.

-- Christian Huitema