Re: IPv6, interNAT, Wi-Fi (not mobile)

S Woodside wrote:

In addition I recently had to cope with the hassles of setting up an H.323 connection (with ohphoneX) from behind a firewall at both ends and immediately concluded that people on any kind of wireless mesh that uses NAT are going to be severely limited since they aren't truly a part of the internet.

Right. The problem is that what I've seen in the past is that wireless-mesh proponents want to be able to do massive multihoming, with all participants with external links sharing those links, and all the traffic from the outside finding the shortest way in. I won't say it's impossible, but last I heard nobody knew how to do it; the route flap would be horrible.

--
|John Stracke      |jstracke@centive.com                     |